“Eating healthy is so expensive!”
There is a big misunderstanding in
There are tons of ways to eat a balanced diet on a tight budget.
Here are some tips:
- Before you go to the store, plan and make a list! This will limit impulse buying.
- Be sure to check local ads for special sales and coupons.
- Buy in bulk when you can!
- Limit convenience foods, frozen dinners, pre-cut vegetables, and instant foods cost a lot more than if you made it from scratch.
- Reuse leftovers in different ways. Use herbs and spices to change it up, do not throw food away.
- Eat meat less often. Plant proteins such as canned beans and lentils are a great inexpensive alternative to animal products.
- Limit eating out, restaurants are always more expensive than just cooking yourself.
- Buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season. To see what is in season, click here.
For tips on shopping and making smart choices in every aisle see the resources below:
For low cost recipe ideas and cooking tips, see the recipe page!!
225 total views, 6 views today